While exploring some Pinterests boards I came across this article: What kind of teacher are you? As a fan of infographics I was naturally intrigued. As I read the descriptions of the different teachers I recognized some, identified with others, and thought about the kind of teacher I want to be. Knowing my own strengths and weaknesses is important, but building on them and developing new strengths, and working around or above those weaknesses is also important. This is where PLNs come in. PLNs, or Professional Learning Networks for those of you not stuck in the same Alphabet Soup, are communities where like-interested professionals can share ideas. The Educator's PLN is an online social media site that connects teachers to other teachers. Now if you are an ESOL/ENL/TESOL* professional like myself then you spend all day with other teachers. So why would you want to spend your down time with more teachers? Because if you ARE like me and my school community then you h...
Comments
Post a Comment